Published work with preprints have their preprint identifier listed at the end. Articles accepted but not yet available online are listed as in press, and those available online but not fully published are listed as online early. People I have directly supervised have their names underlined. Altmetric links connect to the individual Altmetric page for the article.
Published in Journals (73):
110. R Bashir, AG Dunn, D Surian (2021), A rule-based approach for automatically extracting data from systematic reviews and their updates to model the risk of conclusion change, Research Synthesis Methods. 2021:1-10. [doi: 10.1002/jrsm.1473; altmetric]
109. S. Amin, L Laranjo, AG Dunn (Online Early), Why do people start or stop using e-cigarettes in Australia? A qualitative interview-based study, Health Promotion Journal of Australia, Online Early. [doi: 10.1002/hpja.442; altmetric]
108. MS Steffens, AG Dunn, J Leask, KE Wiley (2020) Using social media for vaccination promotion: practices and challenges, Digital Health, January 2020. [doi: 10.1177/2055207620970785; altmetric]
107. AG Dunn, D Surian, J Dalmazzo, D Rezazadegan, M Steffens, A Dyda, J Leask, E Coiera, A Dey, KD Mandl (2020) Limited role of bots in spreading vaccine critical information on social media: an analysis of exposure and engagement among active Twitter users in the United States, 2017-2019, American Journal of Public Health, 110, S319-S325. [doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2020.305902; altmetric]
106. HM Lim, AG Dunn; SMF Ooi, CH Teo; A Abdullah; WJ Woo, CJ Ng (2020) mHealth Adoption among Primary Care Physicians in Malaysia and its Associated Factors: A Cross-Sectional Study, Family Practice, cmaa103. [doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmaa103; altmetric]
105. A Dyda, C King, J Leask, AG Dunn (2020) A systematic review of studies that measure parental vaccine attitudes and beliefs in childhood vaccination, BMC Public Health, 20:1253. [doi: 10.1186/s12889-020-09327-8; altmetric]
104. S Amin, AG Dunn, L Laranjo (2020) Exposure to e-cigarette information and advertising in social media and e-cigarette use in Australia: A mixed methods study, Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 213:108112. [doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2020.108112; altmetric]
103. R Moynihan, L Albarqouni, C Nagla, AG Dunn, J Lexchin, L Bero (2020) Financial ties between leaders of influential US professional medical associations and industry: cross sectional study, BMJ, 369:m1505. [doi: 10.1136/bmj.m1505; altmetric]
102. AG Dunn (2020) Will online symptom checkers improve healthcare in Australia?, Medical Journal of Australia, 212(11):512-513. [doi: 10.5694/mja2.50621; altmetric]
100. Q Grundy, AG Dunn, L Bero (2020) Improving researchers’ conflict of interest declarations. BMJ, 368:m422. [doi: 10.1136/bmj.m422; altmetric]
99. S Nakagawa, AG Dunn, M Lagisz, A Bannach-Brown, EM Grames, A Sánchez-Tójar, R O’Dea, DWA Noble, MJ Westgate, PA Arnold, S Barrow, A Bethel, E Cooper, YZ Foo, S Geange, E Hennessy, W Mapanga, K Mengersen, C Munera, MJ Page, V Welch, Evidence Synthesis Hackathon 2019 Participants, NR Haddaway (2020) A New Ecosystem for Evidence Synthesis. Nature Ecology & Evolution, 2020, 4:498-501. [doi: 10.1038/s41559-020-1153-2; altmetric].
98. E Harrison, P Martin, D Surian, AG Dunn (2020) Recommending research articles to consumers of online vaccination information. Quantitative Science Studies, 1(2):810-823. [preprint: arXiv:1914.11886; altmetric].
97. S Amin, AG Dunn, L Laranjo (2020) Social influence in the uptake and use of e-cigarettes: a systematic review. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 58(1):129-41. [doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2019.08.023; altmetric].
96. C Klein, P Clutton, AG Dunn (2019). Pathways to conspiracy: the social and linguistic precursors of involvement in Reddit’s conspiracy theory forum. PLoS One, 14(11):e0225098. [preprint: psyarxiv:8vesf; doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0225098; altmetric].
95. H Zhang*, C Wheldon*, AG Dunn, C Tao, J Huo, R Zhang, M Prosperi, Y Guo, J Bian (2019) Mining Twitter to assess the determinants of health behavior towards human papillomavirus vaccination in the United States. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, ocz191. [preprint: arXiv:1907.11624; doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocz191; altmetric].
94. Z Shah, D Surian, A Dyda, E Coiera, KD Mandl, AG Dunn (2019) Automatically applying a credibility appraisal tool to track vaccination-related communications shared on social media. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 21(11):e14007. [doi: 10.2196/14007; preprint: arXiv:1903.07219; altmetric].
93. M Steffens, AG Dunn, KE Wiley, J Leask (2019) How organisations promoting vaccination respond to misinformation on social media: a qualitative investigation. BMC Public Health, 19:1348. [doi:10.1186/s12889-019-7659-3; altmetric].
92. Z Shah, AG Dunn (2019) Event detection on Twitter by mapping unexpected changes in streaming data into a spatiotemporal lattice. IEEE Transactions on Big Data, online early. [doi: 10.1109/TBDATA.2019.2948594; altmetric]
91. D Surian, V Kim, R Menon, AG Dunn, V Sintchenko, E Coiera (2019) Tracking a user moving in dynamic indoor environments using Bluetooth low energy beacons. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, In Press. [doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103288; altmetric]
90. Z Shah, P Martin, E Coiera, KD Mandl, AG Dunn (2019) Modeling spatiotemporal factors associated with sentiment on Twitter: Synthesis and suggestions for improving the identification of localized deviations. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 21(5):e12881. [doi: 10.2196/12881; preprint: arXiv:1802.07859; altmetric].
89. A Dyda, Z Shah, D Surian, P Martin, E Coiera, A Dey, J Leask, AG Dunn (2019) HPV vaccine coverage in Australia and associations with HPV vaccine information exposure among Australian Twitter users, Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, 15:1488-95. [doi: 10.1080/21645515.2019.1596712; altmetric]
88. R Bashir, D Surian, AG Dunn (2019) The risk of conclusion change in systematic review updates can be estimated by learning from a database of published examples, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 110:42-49.[doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2019.02.015; altmetric]
87. R Bashir, AG Dunn (2019) Software engineering principles address current problems in the systematic review ecosystem, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 109:136-141. [doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2018.12.014; altmetric]
86. AG Dunn, L Orenstein, E Coiera, KD Mandl, FT Bourgeois (2019) The timing and frequency of trial inclusion in systematic reviews of type 2 diabetes drugs was associated with trial characteristics, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 109:62-69.[doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2019.01.009; altmetric]
85. P Martin, D Surian, R Bashir, FT Bourgeois, AG Dunn (2019) Trial2rev: Combining machine learning and crowd-sourcing to create a shared space for updating systematic reviews, JAMIA Open, ooy062. [doi: 10.1093/jamiaopen/ooy062; altmetric]
84. R Bashir, D Surian, AG Dunn (2018) Time-to-update of systematic reviews relative to the availability of new primary evidence, Systematic Reviews, 7:195 [doi: 10.1186/s13643-018-0856-9; altmetric]
83. L Trinquart, AG Dunn, FT Bourgeois (2018) Registration of published randomized trials: a systematic review and meta-analysis, BMC Medicine, 16:173. [doi: 10.1186/s12916-018-1168-6; altmetric]
82. AG Dunn, KD Mandl, E Coiera (2018) Social media interventions for precision public health: promises and risks, npj Digital Medicine, 1:47. [doi: 10.1038/s41746-018-0054-0; altmetric]
81. L Laranjo*, AG Dunn*, HL Tong, AB Kocaballi, J Chen, R Bashir, D Surian, B Gallego, F Magrabi, AYS Lau, E Coiera (2018) Conversational agents in healthcare: a systematic review, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, ocy072. [doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocy072; altmetric]
80. D Surian, AG Dunn, L Orenstein, R Bashir, E Coiera, FT Bourgeois (2018) A shared latent space matrix factorisation method for recommending new trial evidence for systematic review updates, Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 79:32-40.
79. Q Grundy*, AG Dunn*, FT Bourgeois, E Coiera, L Bero (2018) Prevalence of Disclosed Conflicts of Interest in Biomedical Research and Associations With Journal Impact Factors and Altmetric Scores, JAMA, 319(4):408-409. [doi: 10.1001/jama.2017.20738; altmetric]
78. AG Dunn, E Coiera, FT Bourgeois (2018) Unreported links between trial registrations and published articles were identified using document similarity measures in a cross-sectional analysis of ClinicalTrials.gov, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 95:94-101.
[doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2017.12.007; altmetric; preprint: arXiv:1709.02116]
77. M Steffens, AG Dunn, J Leask (2017) Meeting the challenges of reporting on public health in the new media landscape, Australian Journalism Review, 39(2):121-134.
76. G Shapiro, D Surian, AG Dunn, R Perry, M Kelaher (2017) Comparing human papillomavirus vaccine concerns on Twitter: A cross-sectional study of users in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom, BMJ Open, 7:e016869. [doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016869; altmetric]
75. R Bashir, FT Bourgeois, AG Dunn (2017) A systematic review of the processes used to link clinical trial registrations to their published results, Systematic Reviews, 6:123. [doi: 10.1186/s13643-017-0518-3; altmetric]
74. S Raichand, AG Dunn, M-S Ong, FT Bourgeois, E Coiera, KD Mandl (2017) Conclusions in systematic reviews of mammography for breast cancer screening and associations with review design and author characteristics, Systematic Reviews, 6:105. [doi: 10.1186/s13643-017-0495-6; altmetric]
73. AG Dunn, D Surian, J Leask, A Dey, KD Mandl, E Coiera (2017) Mapping information exposure on social media to explain differences in HPV vaccine coverage in the United States, Vaccine, 35(23):3033-3040. [doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2017.04.060; altmetric]
72. R Bashir, AG Dunn (2016) A systematic review protocol assessing the processes for linking clinical trial registries and their published results, BMJ Open, 6(10):e013048 [doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-013048; altmetric]
71. D Surian, DQ Nguyen, G Kennedy, M Johnson, E Coiera, AG Dunn (2016) Characterizing Twitter discussions about HPV vaccines using topic modelling and community detection. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 18(8):e232. [doi: 10.2196/jmir.6045; altmetric]
70. AG Dunn, X Zhou, J Hudgins, D Arachi, KD Mandl, E Coiera, FT Bourgeois. (2016) Financial competing interests were associated with favourable conclusions and greater author productivity in non-systematic reviews of neuraminidase inhibitors. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 80:43-49. [doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2016.07.010; altmetric]
68. AG Dunn, E Coiera, KD Mandl, FT Bourgeois (2016) Conflict of interest disclosure in biomedical research: A review of current practices, biases, and the role of public registries in improving transparency. Research Integrity and Peer Review, 1:1. [doi:10.1186/s41073-016-0006-7 ; altmetric]
67. AG Dunn, J Leask, X Zhou, KD Mandl, E Coiera (2015) Associations between exposure and expression of negative opinions about human papillomavirus vaccines on social media: an observational study. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 17(6):e144. [doi:10.2196/jmir.4343 ; altmetric]
66. B Gallego, SR Walter, RO Day, AG Dunn, V Sivaraman, N Shah, CA Longhurst, E Coiera (2015) Bringing cohort studies to the bedside: Framework for a ‘green button’ to support clinical decision-making. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 4(3):191-197. [doi:10.2217/cer.15.12 ; altmetric]
65. X Zhou, Y Wang, G Tsafnat, E Coiera, FT Bourgeois, AG Dunn (2015) Citations alone were enough to predict favourable conclusions in reviews of neuraminidase inhibitors. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 68(1):87-93.
64. AG Dunn, D Arachi, J Hudgins, G Tsafnat, E Coiera, FT Bourgeois (2014) Financial Conflicts of Interest and Conclusions About Neuraminidase Inhibitors for Influenza: An Analysis of Systematic Reviews, Annals of Internal Medicine; 161(7):513-518.
[doi:10.7326/M14-0933 ; altmetric] [post-print pdf]
63. AG Dunn, E Coiera (2014) Should comparative effectiveness research ignore industry-funded data? Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 3(4):317–320. [doi: 10.2217/cer.14.31 ; altmetric]
62. AG Dunn, E Coiera, KD Mandl (2014) Is Biblioleaks Inevitable? Journal of Medical Internet Research, 16(4):e112.
60. K Robinson, AG Dunn, G Tsafnat, P Glasziou (2014) Citation networks of related trials are often disconnected: implications for bidirectional citation searches, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 67(7):793-799.
[doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2013.11.015 ; altmetric] [post-print pdf]
59. M-K Choong, F Galgani, AG Dunn, G Tsafnat (2014) Automatic evidence retrieval for systematic reviews. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 16(10):e223. [doi: 10.2196/jmir.3369 ; altmetric]
58. D Debono, JF Travaglia, AG Dunn, D Thoms, R Hinchcliff, J Plumb, J Milne, N Erez-Rein, J Wiley, J Braithwaite (2014) Strengthening the capacity of nursing leaders through multifaceted professional development initiatives. Collegian, 23(1):19-28.
57. J Majer, AG Dunn, J-P Orsini (2014) Computer Modelling as an Aid to Forest and Woodland Restoration, Open Journal of Forestry, 4(2) 112-123.
56. AG Dunn, KD Mandl, E Coiera, FT Bourgeois (2013) The effects of industry sponsorship on comparator selection in trial registrations for neuropsychiatric conditions in children, PLOS ONE, 8(12): e84951.
53. B Gallego, AG Dunn, E Coiera (2013) The role of electronic medical records in comparative effectiveness research, Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 2 (6):529-532.
52. AYS Lau, AG Dunn, N Mortimer, A Gallagher, J Proudfoot, A Andrews, S-T Liaw, J Crimmins, A Arguel, E Coiera (2013) Social and Self-Reflective Use of a Web-based Personally Controlled Health Management System, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 15(9):e211.
[doi:10.2196/jmir.2682 ; altmetric]
51. B Gallego, WB Runciman, O Perez-Concha, S-T Liaw, RO Day, AG Dunn, E Coiera (2013) The management of severe hypertension in Australia, BMC Health Services Research 13(414).
50. AG Dunn, RO Day, KD Mandl, E Coiera (2012) Learning from Hackers: Open-Source Clinical Trials, Science Translational Medicine, 4:132cm5.
[doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.3003682 ; altmetric][post-print pdf]
49. AG Dunn, B Gallego, E Coiera (2012) Industry influenced evidence production in collaborative research communities: A network analysis, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 65(5): 535-543.
[doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2011.10.010 ; altmetric][pre-print pdf]
48. AG Dunn, FT Bourgeois, S Murthy, KD Mandl, RO Day, E Coiera (2012) The role and impact of research agendas on the comparative effectiveness research amongst anti-hyperlipidemics, Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 91(4): 685-691.
[doi:10.1038/clpt.2011.279 ; altmetric][pre-print pdf]
47. AG Dunn, J Braithwaite, B Gallego, RO Day, W Runciman, E Coiera (2012) Nation-scale adoption of new medicines by doctors: an application of the Bass diffusion model, BMC Health Services Research, 12:248.
46. B Gallego, M Westbrook, AG Dunn, J Braithwaite (2012) Investigating patient safety culture across a health system: multi-level modelling of differences associated with service types and staff demographics, International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 24(4): 311-320.
45. AD Spigelman, DS Debono, K Oates, AG Dunn, J Braithwaite (2012) Patient safety teaching in Australian medical schools: a national survey, Clinical Risk, 18(2): 46-51.
44. F Magrabi, S Li, AG Dunn, E Coiera (2011) Challenges in measuring the impact of interruption on patient safety and workflow outcomes, Methods of Information in Medicine, 50(5): 447-453.
43. AG Dunn, M-S Ong, JI Westbrook, F Magrabi, E Coiera, W Wobcke (2011) A simulation framework for mapping risks in clinical processes: the case of in-patient transfers, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association,18:259-266.
42. AG Dunn, JI Westbrook (2011) Interpreting social network metrics in healthcare organisations: a review and guide to validating small networks. Social Science & Medicine, 72:1064-1068.
41. AG Dunn, B Gallego (2010) Diffusion of competing innovations: the effects of network structure on the provision of healthcare. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation October 2010, 13(4) 8.
40. AG Dunn (2010) Grid-induced biases in connectivity metric implementations that use regular grids. Ecography 33:627-631.
39. AG Dunn, J Majer (2009) Measuring connectivity patterns in a macro-corridor on the south coast of Western Australia. Ecological Management & Restoration 10:51-57.
38. AG Dunn, J Majer (2007) In response to the continuum method for fauna research: a hierarchical, patch-based model of spatial landscape patterns. Oikos 116:1413-1418.
Presented at Conferences (32):
37. U Naseem, M Khushi, J Kim, AG Dunn (In Press) Classifying vaccine sentiment tweets by modeling domain-specific representation and commonsense knowledge into context-aware attentive GRU, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). [submission; selected; accepted 10-April-2021]
36. A Dyda, Z Shah, D Surian, P Martin, E Coiera, A Dey, J Leask, AG Dunn (2020) HPV vaccine coverage in Australia and associations with vaccine information exposure on Twitter. National Immunisation Conference, June 24, 2020, Perth, Australia. [submission; selected; presentation]
35. MS Steffens, AG Dunn, K Wiley, J Leask (2020) Using social media for vaccination promotion: practices and challenges. National Immunisation Conference, June 24, 2020, Perth, Australia. [submission; selected; presentation]
34. MS Steffens, AG Dunn, M Marques, M Danchin , HO Witteman, J Leask (2020) Addressing vaccination misinformation with debunking messages: a randomised controlled trial. Australasian Society of Behavioural Health and Medicine, February 5-7, 2020, Sydney, Australia. [submission; selected; presentation]
33 S Amin, AG Dunn, L Laranjo (2020) Consumers’ first experience with an electronic cigarette in Australia: A quantitative and qualitative evaluation. Australasian Society of Behavioural Health and Medicine, February 5-7, 2020, Sydney, Australia. [submission; selected; poster]
32. AG Dunn, P Martin, F Bourgeois (2019) Using trial2rev to support timely and efficient systematic review updates. AMIA Annual Symposium, November 19, 2019, Washington DC, United States. [submission; selected; systems demonstration]
31. S Amin, AG Dunn, L Laranjo (2019) Influence of e-cigarette advertisement on the uptake and use of electronic cigarettes among adolescents: A systematic review. American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Symposium, November 2-6, 2019, Philadelphia, United States. [submission; selected; poster]
30. L Laranjo, AG Dunn, HL Tong, AB Kocaballi, J Chen, R Bashir, D Surian, B Gallego, F Magrabi, AYS Lau, E Coiera (2018) Technological Characteristics of Conversational Agents Used for Health-Related Purposes – A Systematic Review. AMIA Annual Symposium, November 5, 2018, Chicago, United States. [submission; selected; podium abstract]
29. R Bashir, D Surian, AG Dunn (2018) An empirically-defined decision tree to predict systematic reviews at risk of change in conclusion. Cochrane Colloquium, September 16-18, Edinburgh, Scotland. [submission; selected; abstract]
28. Q Grundy, AG Dunn, F Bourgeois, L Bero (2017) The prevalence of conflict of interest disclosures in biomedical research. Peer Review Congress, September 10-12, Chicago, United States. [submission; selected; abstract]
27. R Bashir, AG Dunn (2017) Do systematic review updates target questions where evidence accumulates faster? Evidence Live, June 21-22, 2017, London, United Kingdom. [submission; selected; abstract]
26. GK Shapiro, D Surian, AG Dunn, R Perry, M Kelaher (2017) Opposition to HPV vaccination on Twitter. Presented at the Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research Conference, May 24-26, 2017, Toronto, Canada. [submission; selected; abstract]
25. AG Dunn, FT Bourgeois (2016) A matching algorithm between ClinicalTrials.gov and PubMed to support the monitoring of gaps in published study results. AMIA Annual Symosium, November 2016 (Chicago, United States). [submission; selected; podium abstract]
24. X Zhou, E Coiera, G Tsafnat, D Arachi, M-S Ong, AG Dunn (2015) Using social connection information to improve opinion mining: Identifying negative sentiment about HPV vaccines on Twitter. The 15th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics MedInfo, August 2015 (Sao Paulo, Brazil). [submission; selected; full paper]
23. AG Dunn, D Arachi, FT Bourgeois (2015) Identifying clinical study types from PubMed metadata: the active (machine) learning approach. The 15th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics. MedInfo, August 2015 (Sao Paulo, Brazil). [submission; selected; full paper]
22. G Tsafnat, Paul Glasziou, AG Dunn, E Coiera (2014) The idea behind IDEA. The 2014 Macquarie University Workshop on Text Mining and Health, September 26 2014, Sydney, Australia. [submission; selected; abstract]
21. AG Dunn, G Tsafnat, E Coiera (2014) Automatic classification of published clinical articles using metadata instead of content, The 2014 Macquarie University Workshop on Text Mining and Health, September 26 2014, Sydney, Australia. [submission; selected; abstract]
20. AG Dunn, G Tsafnat, E Coiera (2013) Preventing harmful translations: an informatics approach to clinical evidence surveillance. NHMRC Research Translation Faculty Symposium. October 2013, Sydney, Australia. [submission; selected; abstract]
19. MB Gillies, F Galgani, G Tsafnat, AG Dunn, N Huang and M Williamson (2013) Feasibility of Using Australian GP Prescribing Data for Pharmacovigilance. 29th International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology & Therapeutic Risk Management. August 2013, Montreal, Canada. [submission; selected]
18. F Galgani, AG Dunn, M Williamson, M Giles, G Tsafnat (2013) Understanding patient experiences from mining primary care data. Big Data in health and biomedicine. April 2013, Melbourne, Australia. [submission; selected]
17. AYS Lau, AG Dunn, N Mortimer, J Proudfoot, A Andrews, S-T Liaw, J Crimmins, A Arguel, E Coiera (2013) Consumers’ Online Social Network Topologies and Health Behaviours, The 14th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics. Medinfo 2013 (Copenhagen). [submission; selected; full paper]
16. AG Dunn, S Murthy, F Bourgeois, E Coiera (2011) A first look at a network of comparative effectiveness research in a large clinical trials registry, NetSci2011, June 6-10, Budapest. [submission; poster; abstract]
15. F Magrabi, SYW Li, AG Dunn, E Coiera (2010) Why is it so difficult to measure the effects of interruptions in healthcare? 13th International Congress on Medical Informatics. Medinfo 2010. [submission; selected; full paper]
14. AG Dunn, B Gallego (2010) Prescription volumes show that primary care is slow to respond to negative evidence, ACSQHC, 6-8 September, Perth. [submission; selected; abstract]
13. AG Dunn, B Gallego (2009) Explaining low levels of recommended care in healthcare provision via diffusion through advice-giving networks. Emergence in Geographical Space International Conference, 23-25 November 2009, Paris. [submission; selected; abstract]
12. AG Dunn (2009). Spatial and social clustering in cultural dynamics simulation: towards spatially-explicit, calibrated Axelrod models. Emergence in Geographical Space International Conference, 23-25 November 2009, Paris. [submission; selected; abstract]
11. AG Dunn (2008). Interdisciplinary technologies contribute to a new model of urbanisation for the south coast of Western Australia. Alcoa Research Centre for Stronger Communities Working Paper Series. ARCSC, Perth. [invited]
10. AG Dunn, D Stehlik (2007) Governance by social network: a multiscale analysis of communication efficiency. The 8th Asia-Pacific Complex Systems Conference, Surfers Paradise. Awarded best presentation in social sciences track. [submission; selected; abstract]
9. AG Dunn, J Majer (2007) Predictive, spatially explicit modelling of blackberry dispersal. 9th International Conference on the Ecology and Management of Alien Plant Invasions. Perth. [submission; selected; abstract]
8. AG Dunn, J Majer (2007) Simulating weed propagation via hierarchical, patch-based cellular automata. In Y. Shi et al. (Eds.) ICCS, Part I, LNCS 4487, 762-769. Beijing. [submission; selected; full paper]
7. AG Dunn, G Milne (2004) Modelling wildfire dynamics via interacting automata. In Sloot et al. (Eds.) ACRI04 LNCS 3305, 395-404, Amsterdam. [submission; selected; full paper]
6. AG Dunn (2003) Environment-independent performance analyses of cryptographic algorithms. The 26th Australasian Computer Science Conference, Adelaide. [submission; selected; full paper]
Published as Book Chapters (3):
5. H Zhang, C Wheldon, C Tao, AG Dunn, Y Guo, J Huo, J Bian (2019) How to improve public health via mining social media platforms: A case study of human papillomaviruses (HPV). In: Bian J., Guo Y., He Z., Hu X. (eds) Social Web and Health Research. Springer, Cham; pages 207-231. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-14714-3_11
. AG Dunn, D Arachi, FT Bourgeois (2015) Identifying clinical study types from PubMed metadata: The active (machine) learning approach. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 216:867-871. [From MedInfo 2015 conference doi: 10.3233/978-1-61499-564-7-867]
. X Zhou, E Coiera, G Tsafnat, D Arachi, M-S Ong, AG Dunn (2015) Using social connection information to improve opinion mining: Identifying negative sentiment about HPV vaccines on Twitter, Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 216:761-765 [From MedInfo 2015 conference doi: 10.3233/978-1-61499-564-7-761]
. AYS Lau, AG Dunn, N Mortimer, J Proudfoot, A Andrews, S-T Liaw, J Crimmins, A Arguel, E Coiera (2013) Consumers’ Online Social Network Topologies and Health Behaviours, Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 192:77-81. [From MedInfo 2013 conference]
4. WR Wobcke, AG Dunn (2012) Agent-based modelling for risk assessment of routine clinical processes. In N Desai, A Liu, M Winkoff (Eds) PRIMA 2010: Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
. F Magrabi F, SY Li, AG Dunn, E Coiera (2010) Why is it so difficult to measure the effects of interruptions in healthcare?. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 160:784-788. [From MedInfo 2010 conference doi: 10.3233/978-1-60750-588-4-784]
3. AG Dunn (2010) Hierarchical cellular automata methods, in Understanding Complex Systems, Simulating Complex Systems by Cellular Automata. Eds. A.G. Hoekstra, P.M.A. Sloot, J. Kroc, Springer-Verlag Berlin, Pages 59-80.
Book Reviews (1):
2. Book Review of: Batagelj V, Doreian P, Ferligoj A, Kejzar N, Understanding Large Temporal Networks and Spatial Networks: Exploration, Pattern Searching, Visualization and Network Evolution 2014, Wiley Series in Computational and Quantitative Social Science.
PhD Thesis (1):
1. AG Dunn (2007) A model of wildfire propagation using the interacting spatial automata formalism. The University of Western Australia [pdf on a new page]